The telecom industry is a big business and is booming rapidly. Artificial intelligence promises to lower costs and boost efficiency. Many telecom operators have started using artificial intelligence for internal work organization and customer handling.
Mobile and network services are now using artificial intelligence in various for customer services and to help the automated quality of service. Virtual agents can use natural language processing to handle support interaction via SMS or other platforms to make necessary changes or updates. Artificial intelligence plays a role in processing the telemetry data, predicting any issues and cost-related issues. The artificial intelligence-driven solutions will not occur overnight, as there is a massive complexity of telecom networks. The artificial intelligence-driven solutions will become more common within the industry over time.
Expert system and machine learning are the two artificial intelligence techniques that are being used in the telecom companies.
Uses of Artificial Intelligence:
Artificial Intelligence in Telecom companies is using it for various reasons:
- Applications based on machine learning allows the operator to predict lifetime value. It can classify a customer’s segmentation by their age, VIP status, a period of service and the spend
- The customer service is classified through customer experiences, based on data feeds, customer care calls, using a supervised learning approach of the restricted random forest.
- Mobile communication fraud is common as people make a fake ID for a subscription, and the mobile terminals are not bound to physical locations. With artificial intelligence, it is possible to detect fraudulent calls in mobile phones by analyzing the user’s call behavior using machine learning.
- Artificial intelligence is capable to provide customer service inquiries, route customers to proper agents.
- Thus there is improved customer service experience, optimized networks and processes, increased capacity and reduced costs and improved work experience.
Using Artificial intelligence and data analytics operators will be able to identify and push various services for customers. For post-paid customers, operators must encourage high speed data services and also offer tailored data acts for when a customer is running short on data.
Artificial intelligence is expected to have an impact in multiple areas. The most important being classification, anomaly detection and prediction, resource utilization, network optimization, and network orchestration. It will assist the mobile devices with virtual assistance. Artificial Intelligence enables networks to think beyond their correlative programming and suggest outcome based scenarios. In future Artificial intelligence will be able to differentiate between correlative and casual to have their own choice and look beyond human programming before customers notice any problems. Artificial intelligence is a powerful tool for evaluating and securing networks efficiently. It can analyze volumes of information to detect consumer patterns and potential security concerns. Artificial intelligence can combine historic patterns and behavior with on-going real-time management to provide the next best action for the customer at the right time and in the right moment of their journey. The consumer will be given a recommendation and offers personalized and relevant. These are a few ways of how artificial intelligence will be of great help to the telecommunication industry.